Time: 10:10 AM - 12:00 PM
Location: Memorial Hall McNamara Alumni Center
This panel will provide a broad foundation and connect to potential issues and themes related to the Outcasts United story of Luma Mufleh and the Fugees in Clarkston, Georgia. It will explore the ways that sports make a difference in the lives of individuals and communities as well as the formal and informal roles and responsibilities of sports and sport organizations in a multicultural society.
Participants will include:
* Dr. Na'im Madyun, moderator (teaches psychology in Postsecondary Teaching and Learning)
* Dr. Janice Hilliard, NBA Vice President, Community and Player Development;
* Susie Miller, founder of Minnesota Special Hockey League;
* Dr. Jo Ann Buysse, Kinesiology, basketball coach;
* Salma Hussein, Social Work, player in Muslim women’s basketball program at Brian Coyle;
* Ted Kroeten, Creative Director, Joy to the People, Twin Cities Community Soccer Center
More information: http://www.cehd.umn.edu/reads/default.html
To request disability accommodations, please contact Disability Services.