Women Faculty of Color Network Meeting
Time: 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Location: 135 Nicholson Hall
Please join other women faculty of color at the University to network and to share resources and strategies.
- Light refreshments and networking
- Welcome, history and introductions led by Heidi Barajas, Ph.D., Associate Dean, CEHD, Executive Director, Urban Research and Outreach-Engagement Center
- Announcements re: current resources available for your success (including the Mentoring Program for Faculty of Color sponsored by the Provost’s Office and I.D.E.A.) led by Catherine Squires, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Communication Studies; and Director of Graduate Studies, Gender, Women and Sexuality Studies
- Brief remarks by Katrice Albert, Ph.D., Vice President for Equity and Diversity
- Discussion about current concerns
- Discussion of Women Faculty of Color Network future: frequency, time of day, volunteers to lead/create structure?, topics? (e.g. research, navigating difficult departments, grants, awards)
RSVP by October 18 at z.umn.edu/wfocfall2013. If needed, please CANCEL by emailing email@example.com.
- Name: Women's Center
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 612-625-9837
- Sponsored by: Womens Center
More information: http://diversity.umn.edu/women
To request disability accommodations, please contact the Women's Center, email@example.com, 612-625-9837.